Former house speaker Jose de Venecia, Jr. at Seafood City Seattle
Five-time speaker of the Philippine House of Representatives and former presidential candidate Jose de Venecia Jr. took time out from his busy schedule to visit Seafood City Seattle Tuesday, September 7.
Seafood City shoppers enthusiastically greeted the former house speaker, who spent time at the Marketplace and enjoyed a bowl of hot noodle soup at Chowking.
De Venecia passed through Seattle from Kodiak in Alaska, where he met with the parent company of Kodiak's International Seafood of Alaska (ISA). He said the company was working to develop the fish processing industry in Asia.
De Venecia served as speaker of the Philippine House of Representatives from 1992 to 1998 and again from 2001 and 2008. He was removed from the position in February 2008 by a House vote he has said was organized by then-President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo.
His second wife, Gina De Venecia, now holds his old seat.
As a presidential candidate in 1998 De Venecia finished second among 11 candidates in the election that brought Joseph Estrada to power.
- Spring forward to a fresh start with Human Nature
- Keeping in touch across the miles is easy as 1-2-3 with phonecards available only at Seafood City!
- It's official! Sharon Cuneta concert Oct. 29 in Seattle
- Karaoke Championship: Winner declared after tie-breaking round
- Seafood City & Viva Films bring Pinoy blockbusters to Seattle
- Former house speaker Jose de Venecia, Jr. at Seafood City Seattle
- Home Cooking Class featuring Tita Ganda
- Seafood City Seattle Grand Opening
- $1,000 Shopping Spree Winner
- Grand Karaoke Challenge
- Fe de los Reyes to Guest in Karoake Championship
- Kabalikat - Di lang kaibigan, di lang partner
- "Kayang-kaya kung sama-sama" is the spirit of Seafood City's commitment to customers
Today, as we find ourselves in the midst of challenging times, Seafood City makes good on its self-appointed role as keeper of the faith, to keep alive the values distinguishes a Filipino wherever he may be.